- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canberra Airport is 7 km (4½ mi) southeast of the city center. Flights are about a half-hour to Sydney, an hour to Melbourne, and two hours to Brisbane. Qantas, Tiger Airways, and Virgin Australia fly to and from the capital, but there are no direct international flights. A taxi into the city is about A$25. A shuttle bus operated by Deane's Buslines runs every half hour between the airport and the city for A$9 per person, A$16.20 return.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's