Sights & Attractions in Canberra
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canberra's most important public buildings stand within the Parliamentary Triangle. Lake Burley Griffin wraps around its northeast edge, while Commonwealth and Kings avenues radiate from Capital Hill, the city's political and geographical epicenter, to form the west and south boundaries. The triangle can be explored comfortably on foot, but a vehicle is required to see the rest of this area. The monuments and other attractions within the Parliamentary Triangle and around Lake Burley Griffin are not identified by street numbers, but all are clearly signposted.
Browse Canberra Sights
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's