- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Its name is Italian for bicycle and the motif is carried through his funky restaurant housed in the ultrahip Diamant Hotel, with two-wheeled images on the big umbrella-shape light fittings and pieces of memorabilia.
The popular dining spot, open all day from 7:30 am until 10 pm, was once a student dormitory and the interior's distressed look (featuring old bathroom tiles and shabby walls) has been left to add to the venue's funky feel. The menu features antipasti, pasta, a long list of pizzas, salads, and only a light smattering of meat and fish dishes. Start with the yummy large olives stuffed with savory mince, crumbed and lightly fried; or try the slow-cooked pork and veal meatballs. Thin-crust pizzas include the "fantasia": mozzarella, spinach, sausage, cherry tomatoes, and gorgonzola. Pop in early for great pastries and good coffee and use the free Wi-Fi while you eat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Book Mercure Canberra 3 Nts in May Fr $141+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4.5-Star Crowne Plaza Canberra Fr $182+/Nt Save with Expedia, $20/night less
- Small budget: Book Novotel Canberra 3 Nts in May Fr $139+/Nt — $139 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Hyatt Canberra Fr $339+/Nt — $339 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Fr $155+/Nt — $155 Save with Expedia, $24/night less
August - September 2012
August 18 (Saturday): Newark to San Francisco to Sydney
My spouse and I flew United from Newark, NJ (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) via San Francisco (SFO). Read more
Last week we spent 5 days on Tasmania's beautiful west coast.
I last traveled on the Bass Strait ferry back in the 80s but Geoff and Taine had never taken the voyage so we decided it would be a fun bu Read more
As some of you may have noticed there's a "minor" cricket series coming up between Australia and England in Dec '13/Jan '14, which both DH and i would love to see some of; he would also like to do some Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more