Canberra Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
As the nation's capital, Canberra is often maligned by outsiders, who see the city as lacking the coolness of Melbourne or the glamour of Sydney. But Canberra certainly has charms of its own, with its world-class museums (the majority of which are free), leafy open spaces, and the huge Lake Burley Griffin.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
The main restaurant precincts are around the city center and in the trendy suburbs of Manuka and Kingston. However, many fine eateries are tucked away in...read more
Things To Do in Canberra
Canberra's most important public buildings stand within...read more
- Canberra Savings! Book at Diamant Canberra - by 8 s Fr $176+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- Save in Canberra: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $196+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 5-Star Hyatt Canberra: $238 & Up in Jun — $238 Expedia
- Canberra Savings! Book at Novotel Canberra Fr $214+/Nt — $214 Save with Expedia, $53/night less
The Ngunnawal people were the first inhabitants of the area now known as Canberra and the A.C.T., and the name Canberra comes from the Ngunnawal... Read more
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be ... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My other half and I recently spent a lovely four day weekend in Margaret River, thanks to the rare occurrence of a rotating Friday off and a Monday public holiday.
For those wanting the wordless version, Read more
This was our fifth trip to Australia to teach songwriting workshops. Read more