At a Glance
- good facilities, including pool
- very business-oriented hotel
- not on the beach
Check Rates from our Partners
Tradewinds Hotel Review
Set in tropical gardens and occupying a pale pink colonial-style building, Tradewinds is the largest hotel in American Samoa. The 100-unit property, 2 miles from the airport, appeals to business travelers and tourists alike with four grades of accommodations. All rooms are decorated in earthy tones with Indonesian-timber furniture; the king rooms have impressive carved sleigh-style beds, while the top-level plaza suites each have two bathrooms and a kitchenette. All rooms have balconies and several have ocean or mountain views; others overlook the large swimming pool. The Equator Restaurant is one of the island's most popular haunts, while the weekly Friday night dance performance, known as a fiafia, is a must-see especially for the fire and knife dances, when "warriors" juggle and twirl flaming spears. There's free high-speed Internet.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more
Looking at heading out to Australia and New Zealand in November/December 2014.
Is there any recommendation on hotels, restaurants, attractions, things to do and see in Sydney and Auckland that is unique Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more