Goat Island Cafe
Goat Island Cafe Review
This open air café at Sadie's by the Sea Hotel overlooks Pago Pago Harbor and has one of the best beach views on the island. At this restaurant, open throughout the day and night, you can dine indoors, on the terrace, or under the big fale (a partially open-air section). The menu caters to all tastes, offering American favorites, Chinese dishes, and seafood. Try the prawn and papaya salad, fried calamrai, or the crispy ahi rolls served with wasabi and soy sauce. More substantial items include grilled T-bone steaks, and there's a weekly umu (a banquet at which food is cooked in an underground oven). A band plays on Friday nights, and during the day you should watch for the turtles that swim in the shallows just beyond the café.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more