Mom's Place Review
Who could resist a restaurant with such a welcoming name? Not many, judging by enthusiastic crowds who frequent this pleasant breakfast and lunch spot at a shopping center in Nu'uuli, a couple of miles from the airport and about 5 miles from Pago Pago. Hearty breakfast choices include omelets with generous sides, loco moco (two hamburger patties, eggs, rice, gravy, and onions), and pancakes, including a deep-fried local version called Pani-keke Samoa, which is filled with banana. It's fair to say that Mom's Place is not a prudent breakfast choice if on a diet. At lunch consider BLTs and fish burgers, plus a few salads, with homemade cookies and brownies for dessert.
- Address: Litani Shopping Center, Nu'uuli, Pago Pago
- Phone: 684/699–9494
- Location: American Samoa
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more