Mom's Place Review
Who could resist a restaurant with such a welcoming name? Not many, judging by enthusiastic crowds who frequent this pleasant breakfast and lunch spot at a shopping center in Nu'uuli, a couple of miles from the airport and about 5 miles from Pago Pago. Hearty breakfast choices include omelets with generous sides, loco moco (two hamburger patties, eggs, rice, gravy, and onions), and pancakes, including a deep-fried local version called Pani-keke Samoa, which is filled with banana. It's fair to say that Mom's Place is not a prudent breakfast choice if on a diet. At lunch consider BLTs and fish burgers, plus a few salads, with homemade cookies and brownies for dessert.
- Address: Litani Shopping Center, Nu'uuli, Pago Pago
- Phone: 684/699–9494
- Location: American Samoa
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We Went to Starbucks in Rotorua, New Zealand. Read more
DH and I will be heading to Australia in 6 short days. Read more
I read a lot of forums but couldnt find an answer to what I was looking for. Read more
· News & Features
Seasoned bartender and restaurateur Bryan Dayton dishes out the best dining and imbibing bets in this... Read more
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more