- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ho Chi Minh City
Formerly known as Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City is Vietnam's largest city and the engine driving the country's current resurgence. It may be the most capitalist city in the country, but HCMC hasn't forgotten its role in the struggle for Vietnamese independence, as attested by such sites as Reunification Palace and the War Remnants Museum. Communist ideals aside, HCMC is once again a dynamic business-minded city, as a stroll down Dong Khoi Street or through Ben Thanh Market will prove. Aside from pockets of older architecture, HCMC is a sprawling, rapidly modernizing city that offers an urban buzz unlike anywhere else in Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City at a Glance
Experience Ho Chi Minh City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's