- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A fascinating mix of old and new Vietnam with Chinese and French influences, Hanoi is changing quickly but maintains a strong sense of identity. Full of things to see, from the architecture of the Old Quarter and the French Quarter to Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and the Temple of Literature, the Vietnamese capital lends itself to exploration. The city is also home to one of Asia's stronger indigenous culinary traditions and features a growing number of international dining options. Hanoi is very affordable by urban Asian standards, with the majority of hotels and restaurants offering plenty of value.
Hanoi at a Glance
- Fine Arts Museum (Bao Tang My Thuat)
- Hanoi Opera House
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Ho Chi Minh's Residence (Nha Bac Ho)
- Hoa Lo Prison
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's