- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The only way to fly directly into Halong Bay is by private helicopter between Hanoi’s Gia Lam Airport and Halong’s heliport on General Giap Hill. Cat Bi Airport in Haiphong has five daily flights to/from Ho Chi Minh City and one between Danang. By 2015, this domestic airport is slated to expand and receive international flights.
Luxury Travel Vietnam (Halong Bay. 84–43/927–4120. www.luxurytravelvietnam.com.)
Northern Airport Flight Service Company. Helicopter service is available between Hanoi's Gia Lam Airport and Halong's Heliport on General Giap Hill. Round-trip tickets cost between $1,260 and $7,689 USD (per person) depending on the number of passengers and the category of helicopter that is chartered. 173 Pho Truong Chinh, Gia Lâm Airport, Hanoi. 04/827–4409.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's