Safety and Precautions
As everywhere in Tibet, altitude sickness is common here, and your body needs time to recover. Roughly one out of every 20 visitors needs to be flown out and back down to lower altitudes. If you become ill, you will want to be evacuated to Lhasa as soon as possible. Also, proper clothing and sunscreen are essential. Bring antibacterial hand wash, since it doesn't require water.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's