Your time at Everest Base Camp is very much dependent on the weather; it can be demoralizing to travel so far and not see the highest mountains in the world because of cloud cover. With this in mind, it's worth planning to stay for at least a couple of days. The best time to enjoy the area is April, May, and June. Avoid traveling here from October to April, as it's cold. July and August is the rainy season, and it's almost impossible to see Mount Everest though the mist.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe