Tanva Carpet Workshop (Tǎn huá shǒugōng dìtǎn)
Tanva Carpet Workshop (Tǎn huá shǒugōng dìtǎn) Review
On the road between Lhasa and Gongga Airport is the Tanva Carpet Workshop. The artisans here use handspun Tibetan highland wool to make both traditional and contemporary carpets using natural dyes. Even if you're not buying, it's interesting to see the whole carpet-making process from start to finish. Tanva makes the carpets that are sold in Torana stores in Beijing and Shanghai. Call ahead to arrange a visit.
- Address: Lhasa
- Phone: 1398/990–8681
- Location: Lhasa
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Some of my favorite shots I have collected over the years.
I hope you enjoy.
Mabuhay! Read more
I recently had the pleasure of stumbling upon an entirely abandoned village in beautiful Kazakhstan. Read more
I'm wanting to go to SE Asia next year. Read more
· News & Features
Seasoned bartender and restaurateur Bryan Dayton dishes out the best dining and imbibing bets in this... Read more
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more