Tibet Restaurant Reviews
It's fair to say that no one travels to Tibet for its food. Tsampa is Tibet's staple food, which is barley flour mixed with salted butter tea. It's accompanied by an odd servings of meat, vegetables, and dairy products. Lhasa has Tibet's best dining options, so make the most of the competitive market of hybrid restaurants that serve Chinese, Indian, Nepali, Tibetan, and Western fare. Most have sprung up from backpacker haunts serving perennially favorite dishes, from banana pancakes to yak burgers to chicken masala.
Because all your meals are usually included in your tour package, we do not list individual restaurants in this guide.
Browse Tibet Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's