Intercity bus travel is not only long and uncomfortable, it's not encouraged for foreigners in almost all of Tibet. You can, however, take the pilgrim buses that leave every day at 6:30 am from Barkhor Square headed to Ganden Monastery. You can also travel to Shigatse from Lhasa Bus station at Jinzhu Lu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's