At a minimum, aim to spend four nights in Lhasa: this allows enough time to acclimatize to the altitude as well as see the main attractions such as Jokhang Temple, Potala Palace, and the Sera and Drepung monasteries.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe