The website of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), www.tourismthailand.org, has details of events, transportation options, destination guides, and more. On the ground, it has branches in many tourist towns, although outside the major cities sporadic opening hours can be frustrating and the information often a little sparse. TAT Call Centre (1672) offices at Suvarnabhumi Airport are open 24 hours, other city offices open daily 8:30 to 4:30. Check the website for details (www.tatcontactcenter.com). The Tourist Police also have a hotline: 1155.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe