- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hotel prices in beach areas are generally lower than what you'd pay in Bangkok, but higher than in other parts of the country. There are budget bungalows and guesthouses everywhere, though many aren't air-conditioned. At the other end of the spectrum are upscale resorts that run more than $1,000 a night.
Banks and ATMs are numerous, but it's always a good idea to carry some extra cash. Places on remote islands often don't accept credit cards. Some add a small service charge, typically 3%, when you pay with a credit card.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe