- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Khao Takiab Beach
Khao Takiab Beach Review
Sunbathing is the ideal activity here, especially during low tide, when the golden, sandy beach is flat and dry (and usually empty). The usual water activities like jet skiing and banana boating are available here, and are more enjoyable than in Hua Hin, as the beach and water are less crowded. The southern part of the beach ends at a big cliff, which has a tall, standing image of the Buddha. You can hike to the top of the hill, where you find a small Buddhist monastery and several restaurants with excellent views. Amenities: food and drink; water sports. Best for: walking.
- Address: Takiab Beach
- Location: Takiab Beach
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more