- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mae Nam Beach
Mae Nam Beach Review
Mae Nam Beach lies on the northwestern coast of Samui. Its long, curving beach has coarse, golden sand shaded by tall coconut trees. It's one of the more unspoiled beaches on the island. Quiet both day and night, it has little nighlife and only a scattering of restaurants. The waters are shallow and there are a number of water sports companies in the area. Amenities: food and drink; water sports. Best for: swimming.
- Address: Mae Nam Beach, Koh Samui, 84320
- Location: Koh Samui
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more