- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chudhadhuj Palace Review
Knowing that the island's residents lived longer here than anywhere else in Thailand, King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) built Chudhadhuj Palace, named after Prince Chudhadhuj, who was born on the island on July 5, 1893. The palace was abandoned in 1894 when France blockaded the Gulf of Thailand during a political crisis. Few buildings remain today, but the palace gardens are a great place for a stroll. Vimanmek Mansion was originally started here before being moved to Bangkok in 1901, and its beachside foundation remains. Nearby, an old wooden pier has been restored to its former glory.
- Address: 2 km (1 mile) south of town, Koh Si Chang, 20120
- Location: Koh Si Chang
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are in Krabi now at Rayavadee and are spending our final night in Thailand in Patong, Phuket. Read more