- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
San Chao Night Market
San Chao Night Market Review
Every night the sleepy downtown turns into an electrifying street fair centered around the San Chao Night Market, which is illuminated by the lights of numerous food stalls and shop carts. The market is quite popular with Surat locals, as well as with whatever tourists are in town. Choose from any of the delicious seafood meals you see. Looking for a tasty dessert? Across the street from the market you can find Tavorn Roti, which serves delicious traditional roti.
- Address: Surat Thani
- Location: Surat Thani
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more