- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wat Yai Prik
Wat Yai Prik Review
West of town, Wat Yai Prik is easy to spot as you near the island by boat—it's on the top of a hill and has eight 40-foot reservoirs. The wat often donates drinking water to villagers when they need it. But Yai Prik is as dedicated to the spiritual as it is to the practical. Meditation courses are available, and signs throughout the grounds explain Buddhist principles. Simplicity rules here—though donations are accepted, the monks don't collect money to build ornate temples.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are in Krabi now at Rayavadee and are spending our final night in Thailand in Patong, Phuket. Read more