Safety and Precautions in Koh Samui
Safety and Precautions
As in most of Thailand, Samui is a safe place. Crime rarely affects visitors, but there is the odd report of thefts from hotel rooms and late-night robberies. Take sensible precautions, and the risks are minimal.
The greatest safety issue stems from hazardous roads and reckless drivers who know there's little law enforcement to hinder their progress. Combine that with visitors with no experience who rent motorcycles and don't bother wearing helmets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's