- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The best way to get here is by ferry from Koh Samui, or from Surat Thani via Koh Samui. Boats depart hourly from Surat Thani's Donsak Pier to Na Thon Pier on Koh Samui; the price includes the hour-long bus ride from Surat Thani's airport to the pier. After the 2½-hour voyage to Samui, passengers must disembark and catch a second boat to Koh Phangan's Thong Sala Pier, a 30-minute journey. Seatran boats depart from Koh Samui for Koh Phangan daily at 8 am and 1:30 pm. Return travel from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui is at 10:30 am and 4:30 pm.
If you take a Songserm ferry instead, you won't have to switch boats on Samui; however, Songserm makes the Surat Thani-Koh Samui-Koh Phangan run only once a day, leaving Surat Thani at 8 am and returning from Koh Phangan at 12:30 pm.
There are a number of ways to travel between Koh Phangan and either Koh Samui or Koh Tao—Lomphrayah and Seatran boats are the best options. Boats to and from Koh Tao take 2 to 2½ hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's