- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Safety and Precautions
Koh Chang is becoming a bustling resort island and, unfortunately, with it there are a few annoyances. Crime is still very low, but thieves do strike. Keep your valuables secured and use hotel safes.
During the monsoon season (June to October), take particular care when swimming. Currents can be deceptive. Warning signs have been installed in recent years, but the beaches still lack lifeguards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe