- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
To get to Koh Chang you first have to get to Trat, 96 km (60 miles) southeast of Chanthaburi. The easiest way is taking one of Bangkok Airway's daily flights. There are also air-conditioned buses from Bangkok's Eastern and Northern bus terminals; the trip takes a little over five hours and costs about B200.
Take a ferry from one of three piers in Trat (Laem Ngop, Center Point, or Ao Thammachat) to one of two piers on Koh Chang. The trip takes a little more than half an hour, and the fare is roughly B80.
Once you're on the island, songthaews are the easiest way to get around. They cost between B30 and B50, or more if you venture toward the eastern part of the island.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe