- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Scuba diving, including PADI-certified courses, is readily available. Divers say that the fish are smaller than in other parts of Thailand, but the coral is better. Prices run from B3,500 for an introductory dive to more than B20,000 for dive-master certification. Snorkeling off a boat costs as little as B900 a day. Snorkelers usually just tag along on dive boats, but boat snorkeling excursions are available.
OK Diving. This company offers day dives, scuba courses, and snorkeling excursions 09/936–7080.
Ploy Scuba Diving. One of the big names in the business, Ploy Scuba Diving offers a full range of scuba courses and dives for everyone from beginners to dive masters. The main office is on Bang Bao Pier on the south of the island. There are offices on many other beaches, too. 039/558033. www.ploytalaygroup.com/ployscubadiving.htm.
Thai Fun. This company runs a 10-hour, 15-island tour of the marine park. The trip includes a buffet lunch, excursions to two or more islands, and two snorkeling stops. The cost is around B1,400. 06/141–7498.
Water World Diving. This outfit offers day dives, certification courses, and snorkeling excursions. Koh Chang Plaza, Khlong Phrao Beach, Koh Chang, 23170. 09/224–1031.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's