- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The golden sands near the small seaside city of Hua Hin have long attracted Bangkok's rich and famous. The most renowned visitors are the King and Queen of Thailand, who now use the Klai Kangwol Palace north of Hua Hin town as their primary residence. The palace was completed in 1928 by King Rama VII, who gave it the name Klai Kangwol, which means "Far From Worries."
Hua Hin at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Gulf Coast Beaches
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's