- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chumphon is regarded as the gateway to the south, because trains and buses connect to Bangkok in the north, to Surat Thani and Phuket to the south, and to Ranong to the southwest. Ferries to Koh Tao dock at Pak Nam at the mouth of the Chumphon River, 11 km (7 miles) southeast of town. Most of the city's boat services run a free shuttle to the docks.
Chumphon at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Gulf Coast Beaches
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's