- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It may not be the most picturesque seaside town, but Cha-am does offer an authentic Thai-style beach experience. The pier is the center of this small, quiet town. Its main street, full of restaurants, bars, guesthouses, and hotels, passes by a tree-lined strip of beach. You can often see Bangkok families here—gathered at umbrella-covered tables for all-day meals, stocking up on fresh seafood and beer from wandering vendors. Cha-am retains its sleepy charm, and those searching for peace and quiet may find their niche here.
Cha-am at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Gulf Coast Beaches
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's