- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marina Villa Review
Opened in 2011, this restaurant sits on the banks of Krabi River on a picturesqe marina and specializes in thoughtfully presented Thai seafood dishes. It's a local favorite for the well-to-do Krabi locals. The attentive staff wear different colored uniforms each day, influenced by flowery Hawaian fashion. The space itself is modern and dimly lighted with blues and greens, but weather permitting, tables by the river are the way to go. Signature dishes include the spicy green curry with crab, grilled white snapper stuffed with lemongrass and pandan leaves, and the large, juicy mussels with garlic and chilli. Most meals are accompanied by whisky or beer on the rocks, Thai style.
- Address: next to yacht club, Krabi Marina, Krabi
- Phone: 075/611635; 086/276–8556
- Location: Krabi
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more