- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Railay Highland Resort
At a Glance
- stunning views
- good food
- no advance booking
- lacking facilities
- as the name suggests, an uphill trek to get there
Check Rates from our Partners
Railay Highland Resort Review
From practically everywhere you stand in this no-frills resort, you can enjoy overwhelming vistas of the bay and climber-covered limestone cliffs. The rooms are set back in the hillside, spread out among the trees. Basic huts with rattan walls and thatched roofs have mattresses on a wooden board on the floor and mosquito nets. There's no hot water, but electricity runs 24 hours. This is an ideal spot for rock climbers or people who want to chill out and don't mind roughing it a bit.
- Address: Moo 1, Railay East Beach, Krabi, Nang Cape, 81000
- Phone: 075/621731
- Location: Nang Cape/Railay Beach
- 20 bungalows.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
I am going to book our flights to get us from country to country during our Southeast Asia trip in July and August today or very soon. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more