- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Railay Highland Resort
At a Glance
- stunning views
- good food
- no advance booking
- lacking facilities
- as the name suggests, an uphill trek to get there
Check Rates from our Partners
Railay Highland Resort Review
From practically everywhere you stand in this no-frills resort, you can enjoy overwhelming vistas of the bay and climber-covered limestone cliffs. The rooms are set back in the hillside, spread out among the trees. Basic huts with rattan walls and thatched roofs have mattresses on a wooden board on the floor and mosquito nets. There's no hot water, but electricity runs 24 hours. This is an ideal spot for rock climbers or people who want to chill out and don't mind roughing it a bit.
- Address: Moo 1, Railay East Beach, Krabi, Nang Cape, 81000
- Phone: 075/621731
- Location: Nang Cape/Railay Beach
- 20 bungalows.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more