- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Karon Beach Review
It's impossible not to be tempted by this long stretch of white sand and good dry-season swimming (it's great for running year-round). You will find that the beach is more open than most in Phuket—there are no trees covering the beach and precious little shade. The beach is also strewn with a few rocks; however, on the whole, it is a beautiful, clean, and open space that will appeal to those looking to get away from the more frantic pace of Patong. Amenities: food and drink; water sports; showers. Best for: snorkeling; sunset; swimming; walking.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more