- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Phang Nga Bay National Marine Park
From stunning monoliths that rise from the sea to the secluded, crystal-clear bays, Phang Nga Bay is a must-see for any nature lover. The only way to visit is by boat. Tours (B1,000 to B2,000) can be arranged through your hotel or resort if you're staying in the area.
There are several key sights around Phang Nga Bay. The island of Koh Panyi has a Muslim fishing village consisting of houses built on stilts. Restaurants are no bargain, tripling their prices for tourists. Beautiful Koh Phing Kan, now known locally as James Bond Island, is well worth a visit. The island of Koh Tapu resembles a nail driven into the sea. Kao Kien has overhanging cliffs covered with primitive paintings of elephants, fish, and crabs. Many are thought to be at least 3,500 years old.
Phang Nga Bay National Marine Park at a Glance
Elsewhere in Phuket and the Andaman Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's