- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Few resorts here escaped total destruction in the 2004 tsunami. The scale and extent of the damage also makes Khao Lak the region's greatest success story—by 2006, Khao Lak was, amazingly, back on its feet. Today, aside from a few abandoned buildings, there is no physical evidence of the devastation that occurred.
Khao Lak at a Glance
Elsewhere in Phuket and the Andaman Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's