When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Northern Thailand has three seasons. The region is hottest and driest from March to May. The rainy season is June to October, with the wettest weather in September. Unpaved roads are often impassable at this time of year. November to March is the best time to visit, when days are warm, sunny, and generally cloudless, and nights pleasantly cool. (At higher altitudes, it can be quite cold in the evening.) Book hotel accommodation a month or two ahead of the Christmas and New Year holiday periods and the Songkran festival in mid-April (Thailand's New Year celebration; also known as the Water Festival, because revelers douse each other with water).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's