- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top North Hotel
At a Glance
- authentic northern Thai food
- central location
- Wi-Fi throughout
- not much authentic Thai character
- service staff could be friendlier
- streetside rooms can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Top North Hotel Review
Renovated in 2010 (although some guests might object to the green-dominated decor), this centrally located hotel is now one of Mae Sai's most comfortable and well-appointed. The restaurant is well patronized by local Thais, who praise its northern Thai cuisine. The Thai-Burmese border bridge and the river are a few minutes' walk away.
- Address: 306 Phaholyothin Rd., central Mae Sai, Mae Sai, 57130
- Phone: 053/731955
- Location: Mae Sai
- 24 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more