- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gin's Guest House
At a Glance
- friendly owners steeped in knowledge of the area
- riverside walks
- "country cottage" atmosphere
- 10-minute drive from Chiang Saen
- upper-story rooms are only accessible on a steep staircase
Check Rates from our Partners
Gin's Guest House Review
Local lawyer Khun Gin and his wife run this charming guesthouse, which is a true home away from home. Rooms are as you'd expect to find in your favorite aunt's country retreat. Some have large hearths for chilly nights. Khun Gin is a mine of local information, and can organize everything from a trip across the nearby Mekong to a two-day cruise to Luang Prabang in neighboring Laos. If the house is full in high season, you'll be lodged in bivouac-style wooden chalets in the extensive, tree-shaded garden, so early booking is recommended.
- Address: 71 Moo 8 Ban Hua, Ban Sop Ruak Rd., Chiang Saen, 57150
- Phone: 053/650847
- Location: Chiang Saen
- 9 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more