- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gin's Guest House
At a Glance
- friendly owners steeped in knowledge of the area
- riverside walks
- "country cottage" atmosphere
- 10-minute drive from Chiang Saen
- upper-story rooms are only accessible on a steep staircase
Check Rates from our Partners
Gin's Guest House Review
Local lawyer Khun Gin and his wife run this charming guesthouse, which is a true home away from home. Rooms are as you'd expect to find in your favorite aunt's country retreat. Some have large hearths for chilly nights. Khun Gin is a mine of local information, and can organize everything from a trip across the nearby Mekong to a two-day cruise to Luang Prabang in neighboring Laos. If the house is full in high season, you'll be lodged in bivouac-style wooden chalets in the extensive, tree-shaded garden, so early booking is recommended.
- Address: 71 Moo 8 Ban Hua, Ban Sop Ruak Rd., Chiang Saen, 57150
- Phone: 053/650847
- Location: Chiang Saen
- 9 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more