- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ban Jai Review
For authentic Lanna cuisine, you can't do better than this simple but superb restaurant. You're automatically served kanom jin (Chinese noodles) in basketwork dishes, with a spicy meat sauce, raw and pickled cabbage, and various condiments. If that's not to your taste, then order the satay moo, thin slices of lean pork on wooden skewers, served with a peanut sauce dip. In the evening every table has its own brazier for preparing the popular northern specialty moo kata, a kind of pork stew. The open-sided, teak-floored dining area is shaded by ancient acacia trees, making it a cool retreat on warm evenings.
- Address: Chatawan Rd. 3, Phrae, 54000
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Phrae
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
Friends and fellow travelers,
My wife and I need some additional advice about our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more