- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Safety and Precautions
Phrae is a friendly place, where everybody knows everybody and where the police rarely have more to do than ticket wrongly parked motorists. You're perfectly safe to walk the streets at night, although you might like to leave valuables in the hotel safe or with the management. You're not likely to need to carry much cash—there's not much to spend it on in Phrae.
Phrae has little to keep the visitor apart from a comfortable room as a stopover on the road to Nan.
Fhu Travel and Information (054/710636. www.fhutravel.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 4.5-Star Dusit D2 Chiang Mai Fr $90+/Nt Save with Expedia, $51/night less
- 3-Star Baan Deva Montra Fr $54+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $60/night less
- Save in Chiang Mai: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $27+/Nt — $27 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- $41 & Up: Cheap Chiang Mai Stay — $41 Save with Hotels.com, $33/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Chiang Mai Fr $32+/Nt — $32 Save with Expedia, $10/night less