- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A market town in a narrow valley, Phrae is well off the beaten path. It's a useful stopover on the 230-km (143-mile) journey from Lampang to Nan, but has little to offer the visitor apart from ruined city walls, some attractive and historic temples, and sturdy teak buildings that attest to its former importance as a center of the logging industry.
Phrae at a Glance
Elsewhere in Northern Thailand
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's