- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are plenty of ATMs and exchange kiosks in town; Naresuan Road has most of Phitsanulok's banks.
Safety and Precautions
Take elementary precautions when visiting Phitsanulok. Leave valuables, unneeded cash, and your passport either in the room safe or with the management.
Apart from its historic temples and some interesting museums, Phitsanulok has a pleasant riverside promenade that invites the visitor to linger, particularly in one of the several waterfront restaurants. The city is worth at least an overnight stay.
The local office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, TAT, recommends several local travel agents, including Nanthaphon Tour and Rang Thong Tour.
Tourist Authority of Thailand (TAT). 209/7-8 Boromtrailokanat Rd., Phitsanulok, 65000. 055/252743. Daily 8:30-4:30.
Rang Thong Tour (55/37 Surasi Commercial Center, Phitsanulok. 055/259973.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $27 & Up: Cheap Chiang Mai Stay Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less
- Chiang Mai Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Kaomai Lanna Fr $67+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star Ratilanna Riverside Spa Chiang Mai Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less
- Save 20% on this stay!: Ban Sabai Spa Village in May — $49 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Starting Fr $136: Great Chiang Mai Price — $136 Save with Hotels.com, $17/night less