- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The dusty, rather dilapidated village of Chiang Dao has two claims to fame: Thailand's third-highest mountain, 7,500-foot Doi Chiang Dao, which leaps up almost vertically from the valley floor; and the country's most spectacular caves, which penetrate more than 10 km (6 miles) into the massif. If you want to explore more of the mountain, hire a guide.
Chiang Dao at a Glance
Elsewhere in Chiang Rai and The Golden Triangle
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's