- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Haad Sai Kaew
Haad Sai Kaew Review
Located on the northeastern edge of the island, this is the longest beach and also its busiest. Lined by resorts and restaurants, all types of food are steps away. The sand is white and the water is clear, although in the rainy season the seas do get a little rough. There are a few boats operating from the beach, but Haad Sai Kaew is a better place to relax than the crowded beaches of Pattaya. Amenities: food and drink; water sports. Best for: partiers.
- Address: Beach Rd., Koh Samet, Chonburi 21160
- Location: Koh Samet
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more