- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Whan Tok Review
Perched on the water, this family-owned joint is filled with locals who come for the seafood—the massive prawns are great, and seafood soups have wonderfully flavorful broths. Finding the place is half the fun; the sign out front has no writing in English, so if you're coming by cab, ask someone at your hotel to write down the name in Thai. The cheap, delicious food is worth the extra effort.
- Address: 37/1 Moo 5, Mae Nam Beach, Koh Samui, 84320
- Phone: 081/597–3171
- Location: Koh Samui
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more