- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lush grounds
- cool crowd
- not beachfront
- few creature comforts
Dolphin's small, clean, basic bungalows are situated in a veritable Garden of Eden on the southern end of Tong Nai Pan Yai. The rooms are Thai-style huts the way beach bungalows should be designed: built entirely of wood with shuttered windows, fans, mosquito nets, and hammocks slung on the decks. Sadly, they are not beachfront, but sit behind an ultracool beach bar, which has a variety of shady lounge areas for people to relax and play cards, sip cocktails, or just laze away the days. This is that cool spot for all those wishing to hang out and relax.
- Address: Tong Nai Pan Yai, Koh Phangan, 84280
- Phone: 077/445135
- Location: Koh Phangan
- 20 rooms.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $145 & Up: Cheap Hua Hin Stay Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- 5-Star AKA Hua Hin Fr $205+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $88/night less
- Super Low Hua Hin Rate: Book Fr $150+/Nt — $150 Save with Hotels.com, $72/night less
- Explore Hua Hin For Less! Book Fr $215+/Nt — $215 Hotels.com
- Starting Fr $537: Great Hua Hin Price — $537 Save with Hotels.com, $92/night less
Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging Read more
I have posted this on the Phuket tripadvisor forum, so some of you might have already seen it. Read more