- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Khao Sam Roi Yod National Park
Khao Sam Roi Yod National Park Review
You'll pass rice fields, sugar palms, pineapple plantations, and crab farms as you make your way to this park, the gloriously named "300 Peaks" about 63 km (39 miles) south of Hua Hin. The park has two main trails and is a great place to spot wildlife, especially monitor lizards and barking deer. With a little luck you can spot the adorable dusky langur, a type of monkey also known as the spectacled langur because of the white circles around its eyes. About a kilometer (½ mile) from the park's headquarters is Khao Daeng Hill, which is worth a hike up to the viewpoint, especially at sunrise. Another 16 km (10 miles) from the headquarters is Haad Laem Sala, a white-sand beach. Near the beach is Phraya Nakhon Cave, once visited by King Rama V. The cave has an opening in its roof where sunlight shines through for a beautiful effect. If you don't have a car (or haven't hired one), you'll have to take a bus to the Pranburi District in Prachuab Kiri Khan Province. From here you take a songthaew to the park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks all for the travel advice. Read more