- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wang Tai Hotel
At a Glance
- tasty food
- handy location
- great views
- the rooms are tatty
- doesn't feel particularly Thai
Check Rates from our Partners
Wang Tai Hotel Review
If you find yourself searching for a place to stay in Surat Thani, this modern high-rise offers everything to prepare you for the onward journey. Rooms overlook the Tapi River. The hotel's restaurant is among the best in Surat Thani, with a predominantly Thai and Chinese menu. The dim sum is excellent. The local tourist office is a few blocks away.
- Address: 1 Talad Mai Rd., Surat Thani, 84000
- Phone: 077/283020; 02/253–7947 in Bangkok
- Location: Surat Thani
- 230 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Preparation and planning:
We had a wonderful 3-week trip to Southeast Asia, going to Bangkok/northern Thailand; Luang Prabang; and Siem Reap and taking the 2-day slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. Read more