- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam
At a Glance
- beautiful views
- plenty of activities
- can't lounge on beach
- somewhat isolated
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Royal Meridien Baan Taling Ngam Review
The name means "home on a beautiful bank," but that doesn't come close to summing up the stunning location of this luxurious hotel. Most of the rooms are built into the 200-foot cliff, but the beachside villas are even better. The swimming pool is a magnificent trompe l'oeil, looking as if it's part of the ocean far below. There's a second pool by the beach where you'll find an activities center. The beach is extremely narrow, so sunbathing is not feasible at high tide, but you can swim. The southeast corner of the island is also closest to the Angthong National Marine Park, making this the best base for exploring that island chain. You can dine on Thai and European fare at the Lom Talay; seafood is served at the more casual Promenade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There are lots of things to do, based on your interests. Read more
Thought I would follow up on our recent trip, and thank the people that gave me so much advice here.
The itinerary plan was intended to be a 19 day trot in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos prior to a two week Read more
I am going to book our flights to get us from country to country during our Southeast Asia trip in July and August today or very soon. Read more